What you should wear for a Business Events ?
Besides, it is true indeed that nobody gets a second chance for making or changing their first impression. The pressure of looking good, plus delivering a perfect presentation should not lead to panic. Instead, following are a few guidelines that can be followed for Business Events are.
Dressing For Men
Various surveys suggest that more than 50% of workers say that sporting business attire makes them more productive. Moreover suit continues to be the most suitable option for business meetings. Whereas, some tips for dressing include:
- Wear the perfect fit- suits with bad fitting are a big turnoff, therefore a suit must be of perfect fitting with shoulders sitting square and trousers ending just before shoes.
- A little grooming- it is also essential to be groomed properly. Clean nails and well-trimmed hair give out a good look. Besides, if somebody has a beard, it also should be properly trimmed.
- Attention to details- wear clean and properly ironed clothes. Avoid wearing clothing with stains or loose buttons or loose fitting.
- A classy watch- as men do not have much options when it comes to accessories, they need to make their style statement with a classy watch. Avoid wearing a sporty or casual watch instead, go for a stylish and formal-looking wristwatch.
- Wear polished shoes- go for a timeless option, leather shoes. Either keep them at the same tone as dressing or a shade darker.
- Choose class over trend- go for formal and sober suit colors. Avoid wearing loud and bright suiting because that would look inappropriate for formal business gatherings.
Dressing For Women
There are certain tips that women should also consider while dressing for a business or official event. Some of them include:
- Simple and smooth hair- do not opt for over-the-top kind of hairstyles for a business or official gathering. Keep them tied up neatly and avoid letting them loose from the front. Women with long hair can go for a high and neat pony tail with a little backcombing from the front.
- Add a blazer- sporting blazer with a pencil skirt or smart trousers are always a safe option.
- Avoid revealing clothes- when dressing up for a formal business event, avoid wearing too short skirts and shirts with deep necks.
- Wear a light perfume- instead of any strong one, wear a light and daytime appropriate perfume which is not overpowering.
- Functional shoes- though high heels look good, but wearing shoes like those with low heel or closed-toe pumps are safe options.
- Simple jewelry- for business-oriented events, avoid wearing blingy jewelry. Instead, go for simple jewelry items like a light bracelet and a pair of simple earrings. Plus, wearing a stylish watch should be a must-to-wear item at business events.
- For men and women both, the rules for dressing at business and official events remain the same. It is suggested to sport a formal, classy and safe attire to appear professional.
Lastly, before finalizing an outfit for any business event or a professional appointment, be careful in choosing with due consideration of the audience. Besides, if somebody is going to have a business meeting with officials from overseas, they should carry out a little research and dress appropriately and accordingly.